By Jesse Ferguson
“Who cares about that kid?” Brienne Torley retorted rhetorically, speaking after-the-fact about the student who downplayed her story at birth.
Upon delivery, Brienne’s umbilical cord came wrapped awkwardly around her throat, nearly suffocating her before she took one gasp of fresh air, shocking everyone in the
Her story did not impress this student. It is provocative enough for most, surely.
As he obliviously carried on obnoxiously, she probably wanted to reach over and deliver a backhand to him as he sat directly beside her, but instead of reacting harshly, she sat quietly beside him, not saying a word.
Apparently, she has utmost poise. Her style is contemporary and individualistic, but not so much so that it borders strange. She is a pretty girl, and uses that to rake in tips at Applebee’s restaurant in
This has not been Brienne’s only brush with death. She has had three experiences that she has narrowly escaped. “I firmly believe that I am here for a reason, that I have a purpose in life.”
This young lady with perspective goes to school at Laurier Brantford with the hopes of one day journalizing. She lives in
(I imagine a cartoon at the bottom of the article, again in the delivery room, with every doctor and nurse freaking out, and the male student up front in the picture with the utmost nonchalant-ness saying, “Seen it a hundred times. Seen it all before, all too often”)
-Jesse Ferguson
No comments:
Post a Comment